Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalepenos

Now that's what I call a mouthful!  Our awesome friend Ben told me about his little creation and he had me at "chorizo."  Ben made some stuffed jalapenos for us a couple years ago and all I remember about them is almost burning my tongue off from the spiciness.  The cream cheese helps cool these down... also taking the seeds out, too.

  • Get the biggest jalapenos you can find.  Cut a slit down the middle and try to get out as many seeds as you can.  I usually make Matt do this because he probably isn't going to touch a baby's nether regions in the next 30 seconds.
  • Cook the chorizo and drain the fat.  Mix it with a package or two of cream cheese.  Stuff it into a ziploc bag and cut off the tip.
  • Carefully squeeze the chorizo cream cheese mixture into the jalapenos.  You still want to be able to close the pepper without cream cheese splooging all over the place.
  • Wrap the bacon around it.
  • Skewer it onto 2 skewers.  This is a tricky part, but the more you do it the easier it gets.

  • Grill it on medium/medium-low.  You want the bacon to render all its fat and get crunchy.  Plus it helps hold the whole thing together when its hard (that's what she said).
Thanks, Benway!  Everyone loves these.  Especially pregnant women.  I wonder why?

1 comment: