Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pineapple Dumpcake

I'm not a huge fan of eating pineapple all by its lonesome and neither are my children.  I needed a quick dessert for 6 kids, 3 moms, and 1 uncle today so I made a pineapple dumpcake.  For some extra spunk I added my homemade peach jelly into the bottom layer.   I got this from another website but I accidentally lost it.  This is not my recipe.

Peach Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe

Ingredients

    * 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches in syrup
    * 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
    * 1 package white cake mix
    * 2 cups brown sugar
    * 1-2 cubes margarine, melted
    * Ice cream (any flavor)

Method

Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with butter or margarine. Pour the canned pineapple in an even layer in the baking pan. Over this, pour the canned peach syrup, forming another even layer. Then, sprinkle the white cake mix over the two layers of fruit, evenly and drizzle the melted butter or margarine over cake mix. Sprinkle some brown sugar over this and place the baking pan in the preheated oven. Bake for around an hour and serve with ice cream when it is done.

My changes:

  • Instead of peaches in syrup I used homemade peach jam
  • Instead of crushed pineapple I used 1 fresh pineapple cut into chunks
  • I omitted the brown sugar, just because I forgot.  It was super sweet anyway so I don't think it really needed it.
  • I used real butter - 1.5 sticks, melted

No comments:

Post a Comment