Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vegan Fudge

Placing this recipe here because this was so freaking delicious and I want to eat mass quantities of it.  I can't believe it's vegan, either.  I'm not anywhere near a vegan although we have cut back on our meat consumption mostly to fund my campaign for organic veggies and fruit for my family.  I use a lot of almond and rice milk in my baking so I guess it wouldn't be THAT much of a stretch to go dairy free.....  um, no, not even going there.

The only thing that I don't like about this recipe is the margarine.  I find in some vegan and/or gluten free recipes is that they use a lot of chemically made ingredients.  As a whole I've been moving my family towards a less processed-food lifestyle and using more natural ingredients instead of "fake" ones  - even if they are higher in fat.  Kids and babies need lots of fat in their diets anyway.  It helps build all those little folds in their brain and the more folds = more smarts!  I seriously don't buy into the whole low-fat for kids trend.  If you feed your kids a wholesome and mostly homemade diet full of minimally processed and organic ingredients, there's no need to use low fat everything.  Everybody's scared of making their kids "fat" but you really should be more scared of making your kids "unhealthy."  That's just my totally unprofessionally education medical opinion.  Healthy fats are good for you!

Don't be surprised if you see this in your Christmas gift bag from me.  The 5 minute preparation time is almost too much for me to bear.

The Best Holiday Fudge Ever That Just Happens To Be Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment